Anime Weekly – Week 1: Romance

Story by Mi-Corazon Richme

Go Toubun no Hanayome

Anime Name: Go Toubun no Hanayome/The Quintessential Quintuplets

Author: Negi Haruba

Studio: Tezuka Productions

Genres: Romance, Harem, Comedy, School, Shounen

Anime Description: High school student Futaro Uesugi is an academically gifted student that leads a difficult life, his mother has died, he has no friends, and on top of all that his father has incurred a large amount of debt.

An opportunity presents itself when the rich Nakano family transfers to his school. Futaro is promptly hired as a highly-paid tutor. However, much to Futaro’s dismay, he discovers that his job is to tutor identical quintuplet sisters who have no interest in studying at all. Some of the quintuplets are against having Futaro, whom they view as a stranger, in their apartment, but Futaro’s diligent tenacity gradually convinces those girls to accept him and to improve their grades.

Throughout the series, Futaro develops special relationships with each of the quintuplets. Through a flashforward, it is revealed that he eventually marries one of them, but her true identity is still a mystery.

Characters:

Ichika is played by voice actor Kana Hanazawa. Ichika takes the eldest sister role through her confidence and leadership role, she also aspires to be an actress. ,

Nino is played by the voice actor Ayana Taketatsu. Nino is seen as the mother of the group because she is good at cooking and always taking care of their medical needs. Nino is also the most hostile towards Futaro.

Miku is played by the voice actor Miku Itou. Miku is a silent and reserved character, who is the smartest of the sisters with a love for Japanese History.

Yotsuba is played by the voice actor Ayane Sakura. Yotsuba is an active, cheerful and easygoing girl. She talks in a loud, spontaneous, and sometimes absent-minded manner. She is the type of person who can’t say no to people who need help and is mostly seen helping others; either directly and indirectly.

Itsuki is played by the voice actor Inori Minase. Itsuki is a serious and earnest girl who usually wakes up early compared to her sisters. She is well-mannered; never being late or missed a class,[

My Rating: 10/10

Op Rating: 9/10

Ed Rating: 7/10

Art: 9/10

My Opinion: I enjoy this anime a lot, because of the characters and the plot of the anime. The anime does a very good job at keeping Futaro’s future wife a mystery and this makes watching it more fun, because you could choose one girl and then next episode you have another. I think Futaro as the main character is very relatable because he lives in bad conditions, but uses the school as his road out. The quintuplets are all very different in their character designs, though their clothing choices, hair, and interests. My list for the best girls would be Miku, Ichika, Nino, Yostuba, and lastly Itsuki in that order by favorite. I am currently watching the second season and enjoying the new art.

Read The Quintessential Quintuplets / 5-toubun no Hanayome full Manga  chapters in English online! | Cute anime character, Anime siblings, Kawaii  anime
Watch The Quintessential Quintuplets, Season 1 - Uncut | Prime Video

Horimiya

Anime Name: Horimiya

Author: Hiroki Adachi(she is also known as HERO)

Studio: CloverWorks

Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen, Slice of Life

Anime Description: By sheer chance, Hori and Miyamura cross paths outside of school-neither looking as the other expects. These seeming opposites become friends, sharing a side they have never shown to anyone else.

Characters: Kyouko Hori is normally a very energetic and popular person who always creates a happy atmosphere around herself. She is a hard-worker in all aspects of her life, she scores above 90% for all her tests. When nervous or embarrassed, she tends to switch to a violent state. 

Izumi Miyamura Initially at school, Izumi gives off the impression of a quiet, gloomy, anti-social person. His classmates’ perception of him is that he is an otaku with good studying capabilities, but a hard person to approach and maintain a conversation with.

My Rating: 8/10

Op Rating: 6/10

Ed Rating: 7/10

Art: 9/10

My Opinion: So far I am enjoying the anime and it is very funny and easy to follow. There are a lot of characters so it adds many different personalities that you can in all schools, so it’s easy to match a character to a real-life friend or classmate. I like the characters a lot because of how different they are and I think it’s cool that every character has its hair color. Miyamura’s switch in appearance was a surprise but made the anime better. I like the art because it is bright and pops out.

Image result for horimiya
Image result for horimiya

Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-Kun

Anime Name: Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-Kun/The Low Tier Character “Tomozaki-Kun”,

Author: Yuuki Yaku

Studio: Project No. 9

Genres: Drama,Romance,School,Comedy

Anime Description: Fumiya Tomozaki is a high school student who is one of Japan’s best gamers, but in reality, he is alone. He has always insisted, “Life is a horrible game.” One day, he meets Aoi Hinami, a perfect heroine of the school. She says to him, “Take this game called ‘life’ seriously!” Is life a horrible game or a great game? Under Hinami’s guidance, a life strategy by a high school student who is a bottom-tier character is about to begin!

Characters: Fumiya Tomozaki has a pessimistic perception about life, calling himself a background character. Based on his dark experiences, he is a very calculative, loner-thinking, and spineless man. 

Aoi Hinami is Fumiya’s classmate who has been regarded as a perfect existence. She essentially excels at everything she does, whether socially, academically, or in sports by leading her class clique, topping the school in grades, and excelling at track and field competitions, all while maintaining a likable personality. Behind the scenes, she puts in a terrifying amount of hard work and is a strong believer in concrete, dedicated effort to succeed at everything.

My Rating: 8/10

Op Rating: 7/10

Ed Rating: 6/10

Art: 7/10

My Opinion: I like the story of the anime because having a gamer use life as a game was a very good idea. It is funny whenever Aoi makes a goal for Fumiya that he has to complete to level up. I like the characters that he interacts with within the anime, but Fumiya’s mindset can be very relatable to people who have trouble fitting into society and this approach makes the anime even more interesting to watch.

Image result for jaku chara
Image result for jaku chara